Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Where Are Mum And Dad?

So here I am in my crib, as I have been for the last two weeks. I was abandoned in here by my parents as they are downstairs playing video games. It's not so bad. I've been changing myself with the supply of diapers they left in here. There's a large bag of dog food with a hole torn in it, presumably so I can eat the contents (no thanks!). And top to it off, there appears to be a giant hamster-cage water bottle with a metal spout duct-taped between the bars of my crib. I thought about calling the authorities (they left me the cellphone and their credit card; I've been ordering pizzas) but I figure this can't last much longer. Sometimes I'll see one of them pass in the hall mumbling something about the "Monster Arena" or "Alchemy Pot"... It all has to do with this Dragon Quest 8 game they've been playing since the holidays. I hope they beat it soon. I can't throw the dirty diapers very far.

Anyways, my list of skills is growing. I can now stay seated on my own, though I can't get myself in that position yet. My babble is getting more complicated and expressive. I can totally follow things that leave my field of vision and my mimic abilities are beginning to kick in. I eat lots of solids now, veggies, fruits, cereals. Meat hasn't gone down so well, but that's ok. Dad says he wouldn't eat it either since it looks like caulking material.

Ah well, now if only I could get out of this accursed cage. I'm running out of Mars bars.

No comments: