Friday, February 09, 2007

Getting Out Of The Meat Market

I think it's finally getting through. My parents have stopped giving me meat.

For the longest while I would throw/spit out/refuse in any way I knew how to eat meat. I would occasionally try it out, a nibble here, a nibble there. If mum and dad kept giving it to me, there must have been a reason for it, so I kept giving it a chance. No more!

You can feed me rice all day long. Pasta? I could eat my weight in macaroni. Potatoes, bread, whatever. Starches are tasty! Veggies are ok but you can keep piling fruit in front of me I will just keep on eating it. The best food ever is still yogurt. Yogurt with fruit is the pinnacle of human foods.

Though I might be vegetarian, I'm not vegan. Milk is a delicious drink, I much prefer it to juices. And I try to drink plenty of water. I also love eggs. Scrambled eggs are awesome.

So long, beef and pork and chicken and fish. Maybe one day we'll get along, maybe one day we will meat again.

2 comments:

clare said...

That's right, Ben, you tell 'em: nothing with a face.

Anonymous said...

Haha!

Xavier's the same with his strained food, though I have some hope that will change with time.